The corporation was established according to Article 32 of the Civil Law and the Article 6 of the
regulation related to the establishment and supervision of nonprofit corporation affiliated with
the Ministry of Information and Communication (at present, the Ministry of Culture, Sports and
Tourism has the jurisdiction).
The purpose is to establish a foundation for developing the domestic software industry by
promoting activity to prevent illegal copying of software related to protection of software
copyright and recognition of the value of software for developing the domestic software industry as
well as by ascertaining an environment of using authentic software.
- Activity to improve related systems for prevention of illegal copying of software
- Investigate illegal copying of software, support crackdown, and give advice on infringement
- Prepare a plan t inspect the system of distribution of software and improve upon reasonable price
- Organize education, PR, seminar, and campaign and issue publications
- Consulting for software asset management and project to discover/support model companies for use of authentic